
Tonight was our 40th anniversary! That is the anniversary of our first date. We went to Disneyland back in 1970. We obviously had a wonderful time. But, tonight was magical to me. Neal won tickets to the concert at work. He came home Friday night and he announced in a by the way, sort of voice that he had tickets to a concert for Saturday night at the Liberty Theater in Astoria. I had him repeat it to me, what, Collin who? I was on the phone with Esther and she said that he was one of Michael's favorite singers. Then, it dawned on me. He sings "OUR SONG". At least, this is what I call it. The song is called, "One Boy, One Girl". If you have heard it you will know that it is about a very young couple falling in love practically at first sight. Neal and I met on a Wed. morning, February 11th, 1970. He was dressed in a shirt and tie, very tan, and his hair was streaked with blond. He also had a life guard physique. He was, after all, a swimmer. I was also fit and trim with brown hair streaked with blond. I was a California girl, after all, and spent most weekends and the summer at the warm California beach. Anyway, to make a long story, sort of short. We noticed each other that day. We smiled and smiled at each other from two rows away. Later, Neal held the door of our classroom open for several students while waiting to talk to me. We began talking and walking together everyday after class. Then, we had our first date at Disneyland, and the rest is as they say, "History". So, last night we are being very entertained by Collin Raye. All of a sudden, I remember, it just pops in my head that our first date was on Friday, the 13th of March, 1970. I lean over to my usually very romantic husband as the song, "One Boy, One Girl" comes on and I whisper about it being our first date anniversary. What does he say, "Right, you know that for a fact???" I punched him lovingly in the arm. He is still, today, teasing me, questioning my memory, and my reason. Now, why would I lie about this! It really happened. We were both there. And, someday soon, I will find my journal and prove it to him. It was a lovely evening. I do love being with Neal even with the teasing. I swear to anyone who reads this, that I am telling the absolute truth. Any other man would have taken credit for remembering such a lovely day. Not my Neal, he has to argue about it with me. Anyway, Collin Raye was just wonderful. It was an enjoyable night. Laura xoxoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment